Content

Nov 5, 2013

Hello Everyone!

This is my first post on the blog. I've often wondered if I'd really have anything to say that anyone else would be interested in reading. But I decided to take a chance and hopefully there will be something here that you will like.

 I'm a wife, mother, and grandmother who is soon to be a retired homeschool teacher. Yes, my youngest child will graduate from high school next May. I've been at it (with the exception of about 5 years) since 1983, and it's with mixed emotions that homeschooling will be coming to an end for me. Homeschooling over that many years means that I've dabbled in quite a few different styles, programs, and ideologies. Once I found Charlotte Mason and Ambleside Online in 1999 I was hooked, and all other homeschool methods were quickly abandoned.

 I love to crochet and I often tell people it's what keeps me sane. Quick projects are my specialty but I'm not averse to longer projects like blankets and afghans. My mother taught me to crochet when I was a young teen and like bike riding, I've found you never forget how to crochet even if it's been many years since you've held a hook and yarn in your hands.

I consider myself profoundly blessed with 7 children, 3 daughters-in-law, 1 son-in-law, and 14 grandchildren that range in age from almost 20 years old down to 6 months old. Needless to say life is busy!

I hope you'll come back and visit again!

Linda








4 comments:

  1. Hi Linda,
    I just want to say that I hope you enjoy blogging! It's a lot of fun connecting with other women, who I feel I have some common ground with. I homeschooled my 3 kids through the 8th grade, so I know what joy it brings. And you're a grandmother! You must be a very busy lady!
    Good luck with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lili...Oh my goodness. How surprised I was to see your comment 6 months later and to realize I've been following your blog for months now! Small world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mentioned that you really never forget how to crochet even if it's been a long time since you have crocheted. I found that to be true with me. My mom taught me how crochet when I was growing up. But then a year or so ago, I picked crocheting back up after not having done any crocheting in years. All I had to do was refresh my memory of the basic stitch and that was all. I have been able to find good tutorials online for various kinds of stitches that I hadn't learned how to do.

    ReplyDelete

Follow by email, RSS, Google...

Archive/ Archivo

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews