Content

Aug 1, 2014

Hexagon Doily, for want of a better word

Recently, at Crochet Again I found a pattern for little hexagons. Oh, they were so cute! So little! I just had to make something with them. So I found more of my cotton stash and decided to make a hexagon "doily" made out of various solid color hexagons. I used a size 4.0 mm hook.


I made a simple border for it in the same way that I did for the table runners I made. 


This table runner was a birthday gift for my daughter Alice. And this one I made for myself. I just realized I haven't showed you my Autumn table runner all finished.  I'm very pleased with how it turned out. Choosing the border color was a bit of a dilemma for me. But I finally chose a color that worked very nicely. I'll post that soon.

But back to the hexagons! These little cuties work up fast and I used a join as you go method to attach them together which meant I only crocheted 1 round before beginning to attach them. As before, I followed no color placement rules, just randomly chose a color making sure no 2 colors touched. As you can see they're attached only at the corners. It took no time at all to make this, just several evenings.

The crochet jar cover pattern can be found here.

One of my daughters has already put in a request for a blanket made out of these hexagons. Ahhh, I'll have to think about that!

I thought it would be nice to make another one in fall colors but I think I'm going to use acrylic yarn for that one.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow by email, RSS, Google...

Archive/ Archivo

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews