Content

Oct 23, 2015

Little Icicle Boys and Girls

I cannot believe October is almost gone. Where did it go? This is the longest I've ever gone without posting.

I've been busy, lost in Creative Land. I have so many irons in the fire it isn't even funny. It's that time of the year when Santa's elves get busy and although I'm far from an elf (my height might qualify!) I've been busy working on various projects.

My biggest project has been icicle boys and girls, little Christmas ornaments to hang on the tree.


Last January when I made my winter wreath four winter "people" sat together on it; three snowmen and an icicle boy.


I gave them all names, because, after all, how can you be a person without a name? Icicle boy was named Eustace. I enjoyed him so much that I thought it might be fun to make icicle boys and girls for Christmas for all of my grandchildren this year. And seeing as I have 15 grandchildren I knew I needed to get a move on, sooner rather than later.

For a number of years now I've been giving Christmas ornaments to each of my grandchildren. Some years I've bought the ornaments but recently I've been crocheting them.  Last year I made little Christmas trees.


This is so much fun for me. And how nice it will be once they leave home to take a box full of Christmas ornaments with them.

It took nine attempts until I was completely happy with the little icicle pattern.  I started putting eyes on them but then decided I preferred them without. I added each grandchild's name and the year and of course a little jingle bell to make some happy noises.

Do crocheted icicles melt? Thankfully, no.

I'm still working on writing up the pattern and as soon as I get it finished I'll be posting it here in case anyone would like to make one, or two, or fifteen, or even more!

7 comments:

  1. I so love the winter wreath! And the icicle boys and girls....and the Christmas trees! :) We started a Christmas tradition a number of years ago of giving each of our children Christmas ornaments each year. One year (I think it was last year) I crocheted a Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer face for my youngest daughter because she was a big Rudolph fan. She still is a big Rudolph fan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Homemade ornaments are the best! I have several ornaments that my grandmother made for me that are over 40 years old! And I have some that my mother made that my sisters and I shared. All of these ornaments made with love are so full of memories. Keep that tradition going in your home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love the wreath!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that wreath too. And Linda will work on putting that icicle boys and girls pattern for all interested (I'll help her with whatever she needs to do that). I think everyone willing to crotchet those, need her tried and tested pattern, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. And Eustace! Couldn't think of a better name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Silvia! Of course I cannot possibly name all the little icicle boys and girls for my grandchildren! I guess I'll leave that up to them.

      Delete

Follow by email, RSS, Google...

Archive/ Archivo

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews