Content

Oct 7, 2016

An Autumn Coaster

Fall has been long in coming this year. Very long. It wasn't until the last week of September that summer finally decided to give up. Mid-90's in mid to late September is not fun. Aside from a few fall like days early in the month summer just kept on coming.

But I didn't let those high temperatures spoil my love for the colors of the season. So what if I needed to keep the air conditioning running 24/7. So what if the hoodies had to stay in the closet, and the windows needed to stay closed.

Since the weather wasn't very fall like I decided to create my own sense of my most favorite season. And how did I do that? With crochet, naturally. And what did I crochet?

Coasters. Lots of coasters.


To read more please go to my new blog...

10 comments:

  1. The coasters are beautiful! And I love that coffee mug! It's October and we still have our air conditioning on. It was in the mid 80s most of this week.... but I think a cool down is supposed to begin any day now with Fall temperatures coming back. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few days ago we were in the mid 80's too. And was it ever humid. But now, finally, I think fall is here, and here to stay. We had temps in the upper 40's overnight! Yay!

    The girls gave me that mug for my birthday. I use it every day!

    Thanks for stopping by, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, dear Linda, as everything that comes from your loving hands. Fall is beautiful, isn't it, great inspiration. Love the colors of all the coasters together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Silvia!

    Fall is absolutely my most favorite season of all. While all the seasons have favorite moments for me, it is the fall that I find the most delightful. Probably due mostly to the welcome relief from the unrelenting heat and humidity of summer. And of the course nothing can compare with the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so pretty! A great way to celebrate the fall. Your mug is awesome, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Jenny...My daughters gave me the mug for my birthday last month and I think I've used it every day since!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even in the south of Sweden summer stuck around for far longer than usual, but now we're into proper hot drink and woolly sweater weather. Your coasters are lovely, thanks so much for sharing the pattern. I've pinned it so I can have a go too at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That surprises me, about Sweden's summer this year. I wouldn't have thought that would ever be the case. I had to turn on the air conditioner again a few days ago thanks to high humidity and upper 80's temps. We broke the record for the highest temp ever for that day. It felt like a sauna! Ugh! But today it's much cooler and rainy and way more fall like and I'm happy!

      Thanks for your kind words and I hope you enjoy making one.

      Delete

Follow by email, RSS, Google...

Archive/ Archivo

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews