Content

Jan 12, 2017

A Table Runner For January

When we took down the Christmas decorations I left the winter wreath and garland hanging, several amigurumi snowmen sitting on shelves and tables, and a number of crocheted snowflakes hanging on little suction cup hooks in various windows. It definitely gives a cheery winter theme to the house. And while we haven't had much snow to speak of, so far anyway, we've had some fairly cold days, and nights with wind chills down as low as -15 to -20 F. Brrr! So the "inside winter" decorations go well with the season outside my windows.

When the Christmas table runner (not crocheted) was tucked away I was left with a very naked dining room table. Unlike most homes, the front door opens directly into the dining room. It's the first room you see when you walk in.  So I try to decorate the table (with other than dirty dishes).

To read more please go to my new blog...


4 comments:

  1. Linda, I am a fan of your crocheting work. Every single thing you make looks lovely to me. I have no idea why that white square, all I know is that, if you look at the opposite end, you see a 1, 3, 5, and then repeated 7 square lines, until you do the 5, 3, and 1 again, and that opposite 1 was dark blue. So, like you say, your 1, and 3 rows (looked at diagonally), have to match or only have the two same colors, then the row with 5 squares, should have the color of the row with one, and white, and then you alternate rows of 7 squares, with the colors of row 3, and colors of row 5. I don't know if I am making any sense, but the pattern appears clear when you look at them diagonally, and counting 1 square, 3 squares, 5, and 7 squares.
    I cannot wait to see your Valentine one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A math professor friend told me to check out the Four Color Problem which has to do with mapping. Only four colors at most needed for any map with no bordering states or countries the same color. Apparently, this problem was proved mathematically in the 1970's. It's over my head!

      I didn't even know I had a problem! ha ha

      Delete

Follow by email, RSS, Google...

Archive/ Archivo

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews